Thursday, September 16, 2010

At What Temperature Do Watercolor Crayons Melt?

I don't know about you but I am just absolutely loving this weather. It is perfect--Not too hot and not too cold! It won't be long before we will adorn ourselves with those wonderful things called coats. The gardens are slowing down, the leaves are starting to turn and Old Man Winter is soon is around the corner.

While I was out this morning about 9ish it wasn't that warm. I would say it was about in the 70's. Although I don't know what the exact temperature was, apparently it is too hot for the Watercolor Crayons. So I have learned the combination of temperature and time do not bode well. A half hour left in a car is too long for these wonderful colors to remain separate. They begin to meld together and mingle with one another creating the most beautiful designs and color combinations. Thank heavens these crayons go a long way. When it is all said and done only one (brocade blue) really contributed too much of itself to all the others and is no longer available. But with a little doctoring there is still a lot of life left in the rest. They just will be a little shorter, but not much.

I actually can find a little humor in this whole thing. I don't know what that says about me, but if you can learn from my mistakes then here is a valuable lesson. Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...